Friday, September 28, 2012


McKenna moved in with Kaitlyn, so I needed to take the old K and P and change them to K and M.

I got the letters at Hobby Lobby. Once again, my husband spray painted them for me. We covered a board with fabric, then put a molding frame around it and attached the letter to the center. Add some ribbon and you are done!

old letters

new letters

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Family Picture Bows

Here are some bows I made for our most recent family pictures. We did gray and yellow. These are for the three girls.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Name letters

For Brinley's nursery, I got these letters at Hobby Lobby. I painted them pink, then cut a sponge into the shape of a circle and dipped brown circles on the letters.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Baseball Photos

For baseball, I did the same thing I did with soccer and took pictures throughout the season and made a collage for each player at the end of the season. Here is Brayden's. 

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bow Holders

I have seen these around the internet for a few years. I have always used these:

A long ribbon attached to a flower or I have also attached them to wood letters that are painted. It worked just as well as the frames, but I wanted bows in the bathroom now that my girls are older and that Kaitlyn is going to school. 

  1. I got three old frames from a garage sale.
  2. I had my husband spray paint them because he is a masterful spray painter and I am a novice--no reason for me to do it with a master in the house.
  3. I cut a piece of fabric to go on the back of each frame and applied interfacing to it.
  4. We stretched ribbon along the back of the frame and either glued or stapled it in place. Two of the frames were real wood so we stapled. One was plastic so we used hot glue.
  5. Then we put the fabric in place and again either glued or stapled in place.

And there you have it! Simple as can be.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Great Room Decorations

After we did our Kitchen Remodel, we needed to do some rearranging in our great room. This is what we did. I also did new pillows and runners to bring in a new accent color. 

I bought a can of spray paint and painted some things this great blue. In the top picture, you can see a wreath on the wall that I spray painted. This was very easy to do. You can also see a blue frame in the hutch. I had my husband spray paint this--he is very good at spray painting. He also spray painted a frame that you might be able to see in the bottom picture if you have a good eye. 

I found some great fabric and made new pillows and runners (I will get close up on those in another post). 

We love the new layout and the new color scheme!

Monday, September 17, 2012

Dresser Make-Over

This dresser has been in my family for many, many years. This thing has been around at least since the 60s. It was mine growing up. I always had it a nice white. I decided for Brayden, it needed some sprucing up. My husband spray painted the top, sides, front, and handles a navy blue. I re-painted the drawers white. It is fun!

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Brinley's Blessing Dress

This is the blessing dress I made for Brinley. I was inspired by this dress here:

I used scrap fabric I had from my other kids' blessing dresses/outfits, so I think that is neat. 

I made the skirt with the instructions in the post I listed, but I made the bodice from a McCall's pattern. 

Thursday, September 13, 2012


Related Posts with Thumbnails