Saturday, April 18, 2009

Car Seat Cover

My friend Serra had a baby several months ago. She had this carseat cover, which I thought was awesome. I have always covered my babies with an afghan from my Grandmother. The problem with that is that it often falls off, and I view the afghan as an heirloom. Plus, she passed away close to two years ago, so McKenna wasn't going to have one. This was an awesome solution. I borrowed Serra's for a pattern and got to work.

It is really simple. It is two different fabrics (though it doesn't have to be). You then have your two Velcro tabs, put a bow on those for "cuteness", and you are done! The edges are serged with a roll hem. I could not for the life of me find my serger manual, so my mother-in-law was nice enough to do that for me (I found my manual today though--yeah!).


Here it is in practice. It is great because it doesn't fall off. Also, you can still hold the handle.

Then you just lift it up when you want to see baby.
I seriously love this thing.



1 comment:

Melanie said...

Very cool. I really like that. I might have to make one now! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails