Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Pink Dresses


I wanted to make some Valentine-esq dresses for the girls, and I wanted to do it using only stuff I already had. I used the same pattern for each dress. I don't love the pattern itself and won't ever use it again, but the dresses are cute. Above is Kaitlyn's.


With McKenna's, I had issues. I thought I was all out of pink material, so I used this green. I had the dress almost done and just really disliked the green--it was way too much green. So I scavenged through my stuff and found more pink. I then thought about how to add the pink and make it look better. I had to pick the bodice/skirt seam to add the pink in, and it took a long time, but it was worth it.


Now it looks like a cute princess dress instead of some mint nightmare. I forgot to take a picture of it done. So here are some pictures of the moving target.



2 comments:

Devin said...

Very nice. It's always good to be able to use stuff you have. I like how you fixed McKenna's dress. Very cute.

Devin said...

That comment was from Melanie, not Devin. Oops. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails